xfs: does mkfs.xfs require fancy switches to get decent performance? (was Tux3 Report: How fast can we fsync?)

Daniel Phillips daniel at phunq.net
Wed May 13 13:38:24 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:25:38 PM PDT, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2015, 12:37:41 schrieb Daniel Phillips:
>> On 05/13/2015 12:09 PM, Martin Steigerwald wrote: ...
>
> Daniel, if you want to change the process of patch review and
> inclusion into
> the kernel, model an example of how you would like it to be. This has way
> better chances to inspire others to change their behaviors themselves than
> accusing them of bad faith.
>
> Its yours to choose.
>
> What outcome do you want to create?

The outcome I would like is:

  * Everybody has a good think about what has gone wrong in the past,
    not only with troublesome submitters, but with mutual respect and
    collegial conduct.

  * Tux3 is merged on its merits so we get more developers and
    testers and move it along faster.

  * I left LKML better than I found it.

  * Group hugs

Well, group hugs are optional, that one would be situational.