tux3 setup introduction

OGAWA Hirofumi hirofumi at mail.parknet.co.jp
Sat Jul 7 19:19:38 PDT 2012

OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi at mail.parknet.co.jp> writes:

>> Now you should be able to mount tux3 on kvm.
>>
>> $ mount -t tux3 /dev/sdb /mnt
>
> BTW, now I'm testing tux3 by the following stress test.
>
> fsx-linux can get from ltp.sf.net though. I attached the my fsx-linux
> tarball for convenience.
>
> $ fsx-linux -W -R -l $((200*1024*1024)) /mnt/testfile
>
> mmap is not supported yet, so this is disabling it by "-W -R".
>
> There was a mysterious bug, deadlocked at truncate path by
> lock_page(). But I can't reproduce it anymore. If you can try to
> reproduce or found the bugs of something, it would be very helpful.
>
> [BTW, unmount is known as broken. tux3 is always having dirty cache. So,
> we have to clean it up at umount though, I'm not implementing the
> cleanup yet.]

I succeed to reproduce this deadlock. And I noticed the cause of bug.  I
wrote the temporary tux3_disable_writepage() to disable the writeback of
kernel flusher. And I was forgetting to unlock_page() there.

Subterfuge - I was not testing to page reclaim process when I wrote it,
then I forgot about it ;)

Well, anyway, now I hope it was fixed.

Thanks.
--