tux3 setup introduction

OGAWA Hirofumi hirofumi at mail.parknet.co.jp
Sat Jul 7 05:56:10 PDT 2012

OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi at mail.parknet.co.jp> writes:

> Now you should be able to mount tux3 on kvm.
>
> $ mount -t tux3 /dev/sdb /mnt

BTW, now I'm testing tux3 by the following stress test.

fsx-linux can get from ltp.sf.net though. I attached the my fsx-linux
tarball for convenience.

$ fsx-linux -W -R -l $((200*1024*1024)) /mnt/testfile

mmap is not supported yet, so this is disabling it by "-W -R".

There was a mysterious bug, deadlocked at truncate path by
lock_page(). But I can't reproduce it anymore. If you can try to
reproduce or found the bugs of something, it would be very helpful.

[BTW, unmount is known as broken. tux3 is always having dirty cache. So,
we have to clean it up at umount though, I'm not implementing the
cleanup yet.]

Thanks.
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi at mail.parknet.co.jp>