[Tux3] Tux3 report: Tux3 Git tree available

OGAWA Hirofumi hirofumi at mail.parknet.co.jp
Thu Mar 12 10:00:57 PDT 2009

Nick Piggin <nickpiggin at yahoo.com.au> writes:

>> There are a couple of issues, one is u64 being (long) instead of
>> (long long) as you say, and the other is variable type sizes like
>> loff_t.  That specific one isn't actually a problem, we can just refuse
>> to support 32 bit libc file ops, but there may be others.  We had a
>> world of pain before (L) arrived, then with (L) it was easy.  Maybe
>> just edit them all to (long long) for now, and damn the line length.
>
> Yes please do this. A significant style change like this that lots of
> code already does I think is best first discussed as a standalone
> change to kernel rather than everyone developing their own convention.

BTW, personally I wonder whether there are any suggestion - how early
stage do we try to start review process? Someone suggests it should be
early, but how early?

I know tux3 still have to work for various things, however, people join
to develop those, and see the progress? Or people just want to see the
result of various work later? ...
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi at mail.parknet.co.jp>