[Tux3] forward logging and NVRAM

Maciej Żenczykowski zenczykowski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 11:06:07 PDT 2008

The real problem here is that this is going to be a constantly written
16 bytes of nvram.
This will _very_ very quickly kill any type of flash that I'm aware
of...  as such it would have to be something
along the lines of a battery backed few KB of ram, with write out to
flash on failure.
Not sure what the lifetime in write-cycles of the standard cmos nvram
is, but even if (being battery backed)
it would work, that's a real hard place to find any space...?

Maciej