[FYI] tux3: Core changes

Daniel Phillips daniel at phunq.net
Fri Jul 31 17:16:45 PDT 2015

On Friday, July 31, 2015 5:00:43 PM PDT, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> Note: Hirofumi's email is clear, logical and speaks to the
> question. This branch of the thread is largely pointless, though
> it essentially says the same thing in non-technical terms. Perhaps
> your next response should be to Hirofumi, and perhaps it should be
> technical.

Now, let me try to lead the way, but being specific. RDMA was raised
as a potential failure case for Tux3 page forking. But the RDMA api
does not let you use memory mmaped by Tux3 as a source or destination
of IO. Instead, it sets up its own pages and hands them out to the
RDMA app from a pool. So no issue. One down, right?