page forking

OGAWA Hirofumi hirofumi at mail.parknet.co.jp
Mon Feb 16 02:20:47 PST 2015

Raymond Jennings <shentino at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm a bit curious about page forking.
>
> What exactly is it, how useful is it outside of tux3, and how easy
> will it be to merge into the mainline?

It is possible to try though. I'm still busy to implement other tux3
codes. (Working on better fsync/sync)

> If it's useful for more than just tux3 I think it should be merged as
> a separate patch.

For now, it is low priority for me. Because FS needs to some rewrite to
use page fork model, and it will take long time discussion/flames to
merge. (There were some discussions on lkml in past.)

Well, I guess, the way to merge is to prove the nearly complete good FS
based on those infra to them, and works better than existing FSes.

Thanks.
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi at mail.parknet.co.jp>