Trying Tux3; What am I doing wrong?

OGAWA Hirofumi hirofumi at mail.parknet.co.jp
Wed Aug 5 15:57:26 PDT 2015

Masoud Sharbiani <masoud.sharbiani at gmail.com> writes:

> So, hirofumi branch does not have a fs/tux3/user/ directory:

Yes. hirofumi branch is for kernel. hirofumi-user branch is for userland
commands.

> [root at localhost linux-tux3]# git branch
> hirofumi
> hirofumi-user
> * master
> [root at localhost linux-tux3]# git checkout hirofumi
> Checking out files: 100% (23904/23904), done.
> Switched to branch 'hirofumi'
> [root at localhost linux-tux3]# git log
> commit 6548a36e52cdee6bb6095f0c97f304a2e0866790
> Author: OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi at mail.parknet.co.jp>
> Date: Sat Jun 6 18:45:08 2015 +0900
>
> tux3: Cleanup deferred inode allocation in evict_inode() (temporary)

userland and kernel build sample is here.

	https://github.com/OGAWAHirofumi/linux-tux3/wiki/Compile

But replace "git checkout master" with "git checkout hirofumi". Then
install built kernel from hirofumi branch.

I guess the kernel tried mount is not match to userland command version.

If you already installed kernel from hirofumi, can you show dmesg after
trying mount?

Thanks.
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi at mail.parknet.co.jp>