Tux3 Report: Initial fsck has landed

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Mon Jan 28 17:40:00 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 04:20:11PM -0800, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 03:27:38PM -0800, David Lang wrote:

> Did that ever get fixed in reiserfs?

Not in resierfs, but this was something that Hans did change for
reiserfs4.

> > The situation I'm thinking of is when dealing with VMs, you make a
> > filesystem image once and clone it multiple times. Won't that end up
> > with the same UUID in the superblock?
>
> Yes, but one ought to be able to change the UUID a la tune2fs -U.  Even
> still... so long as the VM images have a different UUID than the fs that they
> live on, it ought to be fine.

... and this is something most system administrators should be
familiar with.  For example, it's one of those things that Norton
Ghost when makes file system image copes (the equivalent of "tune2fs
-U random /dev/XXX")

					- Ted