tux3 doesn't compile on 3.2.0

Prashant Shah pshah.mumbai at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 22:08:56 PST 2013

Hi,

Trying to compile with 3.6.6 and temp-atomic-commit I get this error

/home/prashants/projects/fs/tux3/user/kernel/dir.c: In function
‘tux_create_entry’:
/home/prashants/projects/fs/tux3/user/kernel/dir.c:63:9: error:
‘name_len’ may be used uninitialized in this function
[-Werror=uninitialized]
/home/prashants/projects/fs/tux3/user/kernel/dir.c:142:47: note:
‘name_len’ was declared here
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

After setting the name_len to 0 in declaration it finally compiled.

I want to try the UML first. But the link on the website on how to do
that is dead. Google cache didnt turn up anything.

http://tux3.org/source.html
http://mailman.tux3.org/pipermail/tux3/2008-November/000380.html

Regards.