[Tux3] Patch: Preliminary attempt at nospace handing

Daniel Phillips phillips at phunq.net
Wed Mar 4 03:33:02 PST 2009

Here is a better patch that doesn't deadlock (the last one did) and
uses the more proper generic_sync_sb_inodes instead of freeze_bdev.

I used the make-many-files.c program that Marcin dug up somewhere on
the net to test this, making the partition 4 GB, which is a little
too small to hold all the files.  This exercises the nospace handling
nicely.

Note: one thing that freeze_bdev does that generic_sync_sb_inodes does
not is prevent new writes during the flush.  We will have to think
about how this is to be handled.

Daniel