[Tux3] Userspace - Removing inode on file delete

Daniel Phillips phillips at phunq.net
Sun Jan 11 14:19:06 PST 2009

On Sunday 11 January 2009 13:39, kushal dalmia wrote:
> Resending the patch without wrapping -
>
> Just added the purge_inum() call in tux3.c and tux3fuse.c to remove the
> inode entry of the deleted file from the ileaf.
> Also added a sync_super() in tux3_unlink() of tux3fuse.c. The patch file is
> attached herewith.

Lines are still wrapped, but no need to resend, I will use the
attachment.

OK, one mistake: in tux3.c, inode is a pointer to an inode, and in
tux3fuse it is an inode object.  This difference is arbitrary, it
should really be done consistently one way or the other in both places,
to reduce mistakes like the one in tux3fuse:

-	if ((errno = -purge_inum(&inode->i_sb->itable, inum)))
+	if ((errno = -purge_inum(&sb->itable, inum)))

I fixed it up, will commit.  You would have caught this bug if you had
done "make" or "make tests" before sending, which is a very good idea.
It would also be a good idea to trying running tux3fuse also.  Just
hints for next time, thanks again for the patch.