[Tux3] Question on Tux3 Fuse

Tero Roponen tero.roponen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 04:58:37 PDT 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Pranith Kumar wrote:

> Hi Tero,
>
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Tero Roponen <tero.roponen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>       I haven't noticed any problems, it is working for me:
>
>       mount as a normal user: ./tux3fuse /tmp/testdev -f mnt/
>

>  I am getting the following problem on a 32 bit machine.. may be u can try it out.
>
> bobby at lappy:/tmp$ cd test
> bobby at lappy:/tmp/test$ ls
> bobby at lappy:/tmp/test$ touch hi
> bobby at lappy:/tmp/test$ ls
> hi
> bobby at lappy:/tmp/test$ rm hi
> bobby at lappy:/tmp/test$ ls
> ls: cannot access ???????????????: No such file or directory

Oh, I was testing tux3fuse, not tux3fs. With tux3fs I get this:

[terrop at terrop mnt]$ ls
[terrop at terrop mnt]$ touch hi
[terrop at terrop mnt]$ ls
hi
[terrop at terrop mnt]$ rm hi
[terrop at terrop mnt]$ ls
ls: reading directory .: Input/output error

> I think this is because the dirent buffer used in tux3_readdir function.
> That is being used uninitialized. It is not being filled up in ext2_readdir using the
> tux3_filler function.
> This is as far as i got.  Hope this helps.

I'm not familiar with the high level fuse API, but I'll see if
I can find anything suspicious.

--
Tero Roponen