[Tux3] Some patches to geting closer to kernel

Daniel Phillips phillips at phunq.net
Mon Nov 17 12:48:42 PST 2008

On Monday 17 November 2008 00:13, OGAWA Hirofumi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some patches for tux3. With those, tux3 will be geting closer to
> kernel more.  Well, kernel can't compile with those though, many errors
> were reduced.
>
>     static-http://userweb.kernel.org/~hirofumi/tux3/
>
> Please review it.

Good and necessary changes.  Minor things:

  "Move some functions under #ifdef __KERNEL__"

  - Some of these moves seem to be to avoid "function not used" warnings.
    It would be better just to disable thR warning  right now.  We are not
    interested in which functions are unused at this stage of kernel
    porting.

  "Wrap/rename buffer stuff to get closer to kernel"

  - buffer_head is a structure name I have always disliked because of
    being inconsistent with "struct page" and "struct inode" etc, and it
    is needlessly verbose.  Instead lets do #define buffer_head buffer in
    kernel/tux3.h.