[Tux3] Tux3 licensing

Daniel Phillips phillips at phunq.net
Thu Aug 7 13:05:02 PDT 2008

Hi all,

changeset d64129ecaa15 defined the basic licensing plan for Tux3:
GPL v3 with option to relicense granted to the original author (me).
The kernel port will be relicensed to GPL v2.  There is some talk of
going GPL v3 Affero for the userspace code, which would require server
operators to contribute their changes back to whoever wants them.  Not
a bad idea it seems to me, even for server operators.

Note that relicencing does not affect code already distributed.