Tux3 - mmap and snapshotting

Maciej Piechotka uzytkownik2 at gmail.com
Sun May 12 12:21:07 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've become interested in testing tux3 but I have a few questions before I try
it out:

1. In todo list there was mentioned mmap support. What's happening currently
on mmap call (does it fail or is it just using for example slower emulation by
kernel using other entry points)?

2. Is tux3 lvm snapshot safe (i.e. I can create a snapshot while fs is
mounted)? I understend that tux3 native snapshotting will be added in future
but some form of snapshotting is required by my current backup strategy

3. Have the benchmarks been done using sdd or traditional hdd? How does tux3
handles fragmentation if it was sdd?

Best regards