[Tux3] Hi all, I'm a weak coder but you've my full support

Michael Keulkeul kriptomik at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 17:13:56 PDT 2008

Hi all !

I'm a modest Linux lover which has a lot of interest in file systems
and storage. Nobody is perfect, You must know I'm working at netapp,
but I hope this is going to change soon (Paris suxx, I must leave this
town)

I've seen a query for easy NVRAM not limited with write cycles, I may
have a stupid trick that you could use : Use a cheap laptop (battery
backed of course, 1G ethernet give better latencies) and export an
iSCSI or AoE Lun using a ramdrive as backend. It's not as fast as
memory, but it's as fast as flash and does not die that quickly on
massive overwrites. Nice other thing is that multiple initiators can
use it, so it's not as expensive as it appears.

Let me know if I can help anywhere (I can translate into french for
exemple) I'll do my best to support a project like this.

Michael B.